Structural alterations carried out to a residential property in Silsoe, Bedfordshire. Customer was looking to open the up the kitchen area and create a more open plan look to the property and provide a more welcoming feel when entertaining family and friends on special occasions.
During this project we managed the required communications between the client and the local authority for the alterations to the build and carried out the following works ;
- Removal of structural wall and installation of new steels
- Alterations to the floor joists
- Alterations and installation of new radiators
- Blocking of doorways
- Supply and fitting of new internal doors for the ground floor
- Plastering and making good of all alterations and new works
- Skirting & Architrave
- Supply and fitting of a new solid oak timber floor
- Supply and fitting of a new cottage barn style external door
If your looking to create that smaller room a little large or combine two rooms in to one, we can help you to design the layout to meet your needs. Creating an open plan kitchen dinner or knocking through to make an in suite bathroom can involve alterations to structural walls. We can complete all the required structural calculation and applications. We will manage and insure that your project is carried out and completed to all the current regulations and most importantly document your project allowing you to have the confidence to sell your home in the future knowing you and the council have all the correct information about your project. If your planning to extended or alter your home in any way and are not sure about what is possible or what needs to be put into place before hand, contact us today and we will arrange a time and date that is suits your schedule for us to visit and discuss your needs.